A Unique Eco-Travel Experience from Secret Bay
All of us at Secret Bay are thrilled to announce the launch of our new Volunteer Abroad package, offering a truly once-in-a-lifetime eco-travel experience. Make a priceless contribution to our planet—right here on the Nature Island—as you join famed island naturalists in the ecological survey and restoration of one of the world’s most treasured ecosystems.
The Volunteer Abroad package is complete with an array of enriching experiences and opportunities to restore Dominica’s natural glory.
- Take to the sea with local fisherman and marine-aficionado Captain Don on a coastal survey and snorkel along the island’s still pristine northern reefs
- Walk the Syndicate Nature Reserve with local birding expert Dr. Birdie and witness the resilience of Dominica’s endemic and endangered Sisserou Parrot
- Float along the enchanting Indian River and clear boat passageways with nature guru Fire
Witness the New Secret Bay
This package also offers a complimentary visit to Secret Bay for an exclusive sneak peek of its newest amenities and tend to the land on our breathtaking promontory. Here, you’ll have the chance to garden, support the land team on the site of The Residences at Secret Bay and contribute to the hotel’s growth.
Experience the Nature Island
Take the opportunity to immerse yourself in the island’s culture and natural splendor with numerous tours.
- Tour the Roseau Valley for a full day, including your choice of stops at Trafalgar Falls, Middleham Falls, Freshwater Lake or Hot Sulphur Springs
- Take a half-day tour of the North, including your choice of stops at the Cabrits National Park, Cold Soufriere, Chaudiere River Pool and Batibou Beach
Stay at Tibay Villas
This one-of-a-kind opportunity likewise includes a minimum stay of five nights at the Tibay Villas. Comprised of six fully-furnished apartment homes set amidst Dominica’s lush northwestern coastline, Tibay Villas offers sweeping views of the sea, free WiFi, complimentary pre-stocking with kitchen basics and toiletry essentials, optional housekeeping service, and full-time maintenance and security. Accommodations start at US $98/night.
A Caribbean Comeback Story
While the island’s roots are deep and the landscape continues to rebound in the wake of Hurricane Maria—with stunning vibrancy, no less—there is plenty more to restore. Not only does the restoration of this ecosystem provide a deserving home for 278 animal species and a diverse range of vegetation; it supports the future of Dominica, a country President Clinton recently proclaimed could lead the rest of the world as a paradigm of climate-resilience and sustainability.
Immerse yourself in the luxury that nature affords, all while giving back to Dominica and paving the way for the island’s bright future. Please email [email protected] for further information on rates and let us know your ideal travel dates.